April 28, 2008

Love v. Grumpiness

Have you ever driven for 20 hours straight with a bunch of people after having spent a week doing hard labor, and within that 20 hours you only slept for one or two? That's a trial.

This is a test of the amount of love you have for your brothers and sisters in Christ. I've always been able to sleep anywhere but on this last trip to Mississippi I didn't hardly sleep on the way there or the way back.

The littlest things annoy you. Especially through Texas. But this is human nature. We are called to love each other and God never included the statement "except when you don't feel like it."

This is my greatest challenge--I'm not really a loving kind of person most of the time. I always call myself the protege of Oscar the Grouch. But I need to shape up because this is the call of the church: to love God and to love others. I mean, God loves Oscar, too, but as a follower of the living and loving God, we seek to be more like Him, not like puppets (cool as they are).

No comments: